Sunday, August 29, 2010

My new digs!


Agrandir le plan
So I've moved to the CROUS residence at Chatenay-Malabry. After doing two trips with my luggage, (yes it seems I have already accumulated an extra suitcase worth of stuff) and considering 1 trip means I need to catch a train and a bus both ways, I was extremely sick of public transport by Saturday night! Here are a few pictures after I spent my food money at IKEA!
Firstly the so-called kitchen...
My tiny little bed.
The nice view from my window.
My peace lily, it was only 2.50Euro so I had to get it.
Imagine me sitting at my desk...
My room has a pretty funky smell at the moment, but I'm keeping the window open as much as I can and its slowly disipating. The showers are alright, they at least are mounted on the wall, unlike the last ones! And big news, the toilets don't have footprints on them ( a logn story I will tell when I get back!) although they don't have toilet paper either (not even holders!). The supermarket is a little bit too far away for a comfortable walk with groceries but there is a bus. The grounds are really nice and it feels so good to be able to fully unpack, knowing that the next time I pack I will be coming home :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to water the plant !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG gross but true story...and maybe this is why there are foot prints on the toilets...But asians dont sit on toilets like the rest of the civilised western world...they stand on the seat and squat (our uni toilets are filthy because of it...
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete