Sunday, August 29, 2010

So I should know French by now....

So I have finished my french course, although I have done 8 weeks of intesive french I still feel like I know nothing but at least I know a whole lot more that what I started out with! Starting at zero, I'm now at level A2.1-2 which means "Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need." I feel like I know a little bit more than that, I can understand but can't really express my-self. either way, hardly good enough to work/study in French in 4 months so I'm going to have to put in some serious effort to improve before Christmas...

The last week of classes was quite a breeze, after our exam we had a wine tasting class... and this course will hopefully count towards my masters, how awesome is that. Here's a photo of us 'studying' hard at the back of class

Then on Thursday, I had an orientation session at EPF (where I will be studying) and received the bad news that I have class 9-5 everyday until the 17th December and classes are compulsory otherwise you don't get your credit points. More on this later.
On Friday we had farewell cockatails with the whole group of students and received our certificates (I missed 3 classes in 8 weeks so I only got 7.5 credits out of the possible 10), bit cranky but you live and learn! I got a good comment at the bottom which was nice and I was pretty sad to say goodbye to my teacher and classmates but on the upside I now have more friends to visit all over the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment