Monday, August 2, 2010

LeTour de France


So on Sundya 25th July, the last leg of the Le Tour de France finishes in Paris along the Champs Elysees so couldn't miss an opportunity to see it live! I was overall oretty disapointed! They go past so fast, that for the 3-4hrs we were there I think only saw about 2 mins of cycling in total! Before they had the race come through the caravan comes through with all the sponsors having cars and trucks decorated with all sorts of things, here are a few choice photos...


I went off to find Cate & Chris, thankgoodness for my red umbrella otherise I would never have found them, they had a good spot to watch the cyclists coming into the Champs Elysees, they are all very gentlemanly before they get to the Champs Elysees, all riding in a pack before sprinting along the Champs Elysees.

After they flew by in less than 10 secs we moved to the Champs Elysess, where they tooka bout 40 mins to do 8 laps - they were going bloody fast so only saw them for a few seconds going up the hill and then even less on their way down!


After the race, Cate, Chris & I went out for dinner in The Marais before I had to say goodbye. I got quite sad and homesick saying goodbye! It was so nice to talk easily with friends and I wouldn't have minded popping home with them for a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment