Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things I miss

Happy Australia Day Everyone!
Since its just clicked over onto Australia Day back home I thought I would do a post about what I miss about Australia in no particular order(I miss my fam and friends too obviously!).

1) Take-away Chai Latte from Parkhouse - they don't do takeaway coffee here and if they do its this really strong bitter stuff in a shot glass!
2)Living 7 minutes from work - I don't believe I drove to work when I lived just down the road but would kill to have such little travel time now
3) My car - sometimes waiting for the bus is so frustrating, especially weekends!
4) TV - ok France has TV but I don't have any in my room which sux when you just want your brain to go numb
5) Real men - french men dress way to well (not a good thing in my books!) and some of them are just so full on - don't make eye contact otherwise they will stalk you scary
6)Outdoor lifestyle - I'm sick of being cooped up, I like doing outdoor things and with the weather being cold and miserable the only things left to do are museums and galleries...yawn!
7)Not wearing shoes in the shower - as a consequence of paying close to no money for rent, showering is not a nice pastime anymore...yuck!
8) Tropical fruit - I haven't had a mango since last summer, manged to get my hands on a few litchis (that were mainly pip), I miss getting in-season cheap fruit so easily.
9) BBQ's in the parks - I love Australia for having the free BBQ's in the parks, although cheese and baguette are good ntohign beats a sausage sizzle!
10) Knowing the road rules - for one I still look the wrong way down streets...pedestrians crossings don't seem to work following a pattern other than a hope and pray (maybe thats just me!). There are no buttons to press, a zebra crossing doens't mean pedestrains get the right of way... so confusing!

10 will do for now..when I leave I'll do a post - 10 things I'll miss about France!

No comments:

Post a Comment