Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Travel Woes

I hate Ryanair but they are so cheap its hard not to forget how absolutley shitty they are. I was travelling back on New Year's Day from Glasgow (or the Ryan Air terminal at Prestwick), not the best day to travel with the hangover and everything but was 100 euro's cheaper than travelling on the 2nd. Anyway, was awake and packed with plenty of time to catch the train to the Airport - got to the station. Bad news the only day the trains don't run in the UK is the 1st of Jan...the ONLY day and it is the day I am travelling! So I was in a bit of a panic to say the least, ended up getting a taxi (luckily a private taxi which is a bit cheaper) which cost me 70 Pounds - Ryan air is not such a bargain. But anyway managed to get home eventually - after the hour and a half bus ride from where Ryanair reckons 'Paris' is...

The next day I was catching a morning train down to Grenoble to go skiing. Set my alarm nice and early only to wake up in the morning 20 mins after my trian was due to depart. Thanks iPhone! Turns out there was a bug in the software which meant that the alarms set on the 1st and 2nd Jan didn't work - just great! Due to being tired and grumpy I phoned my parents in tears wanting to come home, woe is me etc. etc. They managed to calm me down and I booked another train to Grenoble at a cost of 100 Euros - I really want to send the bill to Apple. But anyway, long story short I eventually got to Les Deux Alpes 6 hrs later than anticipated. Was totally worth it as you will find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment