Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Cold

This is for the hockey girls - don't ever let me complain about running around in the cold for hockey. It's not cold at home! I've recently taken running up again - Matt gets here in less than 5 weeks (Yay!) and these French croissants are not good for dieting! Because I live so far away from work I generally only get home at about 7pm so head out for a run then. It is dark and bitterly cold. I go running with a hoodie, beanie and gloves and I'm still cold until about half way through. Here's a truly sexy photo to demonstrate just how odd I must look...
Overall, the cold isn't that bad because I'm inside most of the day and the heating is pretty good - normally too hot actually. I do miss just going outside without taking half an hour to put on the layers, but overall the cold isn't as debilitating as I though it would be.
The dark on the other hand is not fun. I leave home at 7.3am in the dark, when I get out of the metro at work at about 8.45am it's only just dawn. I get a bit of sunlight when walk into the metro after I finish work, by the time I get off at home its dark again...not nice. Thankgod I have work from home days!

No comments:

Post a Comment