Friday, November 26, 2010

Firenze

After a fairly uneventful bus trip from Rome to Florence, I headed straight for my hostel - another really great place. It was a nice place that was really social and the owner gave us wine from his brothers vineyard. It was also nice that the people there were all around my age, normally the people in backpackers are like 19/20, everyone there was between 24 & 27 which made a nice change.
I was still a bit disappointed at not fitting everything in in Rome so woke up early and was out of the place at about 9am (my train only left at 9pm), ended up getting a bit bored in the afternoon but at least I did everything. First on the list was seeing David. Managed to take an illegal photo of his bum!
This is a photo of the fake David's front which was in one of the many squares.
Next was off to the bridge with the houses on it to look at all the bling, was going to try and buy something but my pockets are not long enough!
I'm pretty sure eveyone who goes to Florence has this photo!
Then it was time for lunch and I decided to go to the Da Vinci museum which had a deal on, get in and a slice of Pizza for 8Euro which I thought was great. They don't do bad pizza in Italy. I really enjoyed the museum-such a nerd! He was a very clever person though to think of all those machines!
After my lunch and a gelato, I decided I was in need of some excercise so instead of taking the bus up the hill in Florence I decided to walk. Trust it to start raining!
But I appreciated the views so much more knowing how high it is!
So I managed to tick everything off on my list so wondered back into town to browse through the leather stalls and picked up some souvenirs. I got bored so ended up taking the bus back up the hill to see Florence in the dark. Was very pretty, I am so glad that I spotaneously decided to do it (photo does not do it justice!)
Hopped back on the train to Paris, had the worst night's sleep thanks to some overweight french guy snoring, it honestly vibrated the cabin. Woke up in a grumpy mood to arrive in Paris late and it was raining. Was NOT happy to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment