Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Australia vs. France

I was looking forward to this day for ages, I brought over so much aussie supporter gear and so far all it had done was sit in my cupboard (what a waste of lugagge space). But all was forgiven after we kicked France 59 - 16! Woohoo! I managed to get cheap tickets (26 euros) and dragged Rachel along who is not a sporty person but with some vodka and an aussie scarf wrapped around her she acted the part! Although she got seduced by some south african guys who made her wear the springboks scraf in the photo!
I was a bit worried at half time, thought I may have to de-aussiefy for the trip home, we finally strated doing good and I rubbed into the frenchmen sitting near us. There was probably a handful of other aussie supporters in the stadium and we were sitting right at the back! Luckily we managed to smuggle some vodka in so could keep warm, ended up drinking it straight coz we couldn't find anywhere to buy coke.
Afterwards, we drunkedly made our way over to Cafe Oz, the australian bar in Paris expecting to find a heap of aussies there celebrating. There weren't a lot of aussies but plenty of booze as you can see from this photo! I love cafe OZ and now that I know its not just a place for bogan aussies to hang out I will be going there more often!
I finally did find one other supporter in the place, I still haven't actually met an australian who is living in Paris. It was a great night, the next day was very hard to handle, had planned on going to Disney land but there was no way I was going to get on a rollercoaster in that state!
Aussi! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

No comments:

Post a Comment