Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Job & Trains!

Well, much to my amazement I actually found an internship in France, where I don't ahve to speak much French! yay! I'll be starting a 6 month internship in January at MethoCAD. It is a software company that helps with sit scheduling, especially with regards to cranes and formwork. Here's a short video... Soon Thursday I got to meet a client from Holland who is constructing a harbour and needed to know how many cranes he was going to need. Its a brilliant piece of software and really easy to use, I'll be doing a lot of the client liason (in english!), helping them with problems and also doing a lot of the training in the software which means I get to travel...London and Abu Dhabi were mentioned! YAY! I was a bit nervous about it because I don't really have that much knowledge or experience with buildings but software pretty much does it all for you which is going to be nice and easy :)
After my meeting with my client, I was off to Italy! woohoo! I had booked a sleeper train from Bercy to Roma, it was an overnight train. It was so exciting and had a pretty good sleep, I've always been good at sleeping in cars but this was so much better youy got to stretch out (albeit not much) and there was a dining car (v. exp) so you could at least strech your legs. It beats air travel anyday, you can turn up to the platform 5 minutes before you leave, no security checks, no putting luggage in the hold and then waiting at the other end to pick it up and you arrive smack bang in the middle of the city and don't need to get from some godforsaken airport like an hour away into the city. I have been converted to train travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment