Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just an ordinary night in Paris...

I decided to have a quiet weekend in Paris for a change, my study is actually starting to impact on my social life (luckily only have another 3 weeks left!). I had plans to go out for dinner but as I was coming all the way into Paris, Rach & I decided to go chill on the steps of the Sacre Coeur which has the most gorgeous view of Paris and the best free entertainment.
Armed with a bottle of wine, crackers and the best cheese known to man (cream goat cheese) we spent a few hours whiling away the time until the sun went down. The acts are always pretty funny and apart from the occasional guy trying to sell beer (which we ahve totally nailed - don't pay more than 1 euro!) it is absolute bliss.
I heart Paris, so nice to actually be able to chill out in this gorgeous city. I feel so sorry for the tourists whenever I am just chilling out - you don't get an aooreication for it just passing through!
After finishing our wine, we headed off to a cute little restaurant on the Ile-st-louis, which only holds about 30 people and is cheap and cheerful and away from the touristy crowds - my new place to take visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment