Sunday, December 12, 2010

Xmas Dinner

with xmas just around the corner and with all our foreign friends due to scatter all over the globe for the Xmas break we decided to organise a big xmas dinner as a bit of a celebration. We booked the 'salle polyvalente' for a Saturday night and while I was sick as a dog in bed with the flu the other girls went shopping for xmas merryment. I think they did an awesome job.
Everyone brought a plate to share from their native cultures - I made a cob loaf which was all I could think of as 'australian' apart from a BBQ. But I did find some suitbaly named alcohol to bring along which is truly australian!

The northern girls made a gingerbread rocket which was very 'abstract' to say the least. We got to destroy it at the end of the night which was a bit sad :(
We played the $10 present game whish was hilarious and so much fun. All the presents were great - we had nice things like candles, beer and choclates and some truly crazy prizes like rubber gloves, cat food and pottys!
It snowed that morning - horrible wet and cold snow but by the evening it was perfect for making a snowman. So here is my first snowman, he's very dirty but I think we did really well for 2 southerners who hadn't seen a lot of snow. Obviously the snowman turned into a snowball fight which was awesome fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment