Tuesday, December 28, 2010

London Town

After freaking out that I wasn’t going to be able to leave Paris for Xmas with all the snow I was lucky enough that both Paris & London airports were open. Luckily I was flying with easyjet to Luton as there were still delays at Gatwick and Heathrow. I went straight to the hotel to meet Aunty Fi who was taking me to the theatre as a Xmas treat.
We headed off to explore London, taking in Covert Garden, Piccadilly Circus before getting a meal and heading to Mamma Mia. I’m a big fan of the movie but the live show was so much better. By the end of the show we were all dancing and singing along with the finale! So much fun!
The next day after a lazy start I headed off to explore London on my own. I decided to splurge and went on one of the tourist buses, I think I got a good deal – 48 hr pass including a cruise on the Thames and guided walks. The bus tour was great and had a live guide which made it a bit more interactive, was a little bit chilly on the top. Did all the major sites….photos below!
I did the Ghost walking tour which took as past a few scary places, the best part was at the end when he showed us where all the pubs were!

Went into Harrods to see where my mummy worked while she was doing the living overseas thing – smelly fish place. Got the best lamb pie for dinner from the food hall and then headed back to my hostel – which was not the nicest but a bed and a shower.
The next day I did the changing of the guard walking tour – unlucky for me but with Xmas changing the dates I only got to see the changing of the horse guard. Oh well, always next time! Managed to fit in a cruise on the river before catching the bus to Bath where Saint Nicholas picked me up to take me home for Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment