Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mes amis éccosais!

OK I have a lot of catching up to but I'll start at the beginning which was actually about 2 weeks ago on Thursday night! Good news - I have a new friend in Paris! Well actually a very old friend from Zimbabwe days. She was living in Glasgow and is now au-pairing in Paris (actually Paris - not in the bloody suburbs like I am!). So we decided to have a big night on Thursday, we met at Notre Dame, went straight to a cocktail bar as we couldn't miss happy hour and hence missed dinner! After meeting another of my scottish friends that I met on language course, we then went in search of the Scottish Pub that I frequent for toilet trips when I am at the Pont des Arts as its the closest. It was desperatley quiet but we managed to have one drink before heading to another pub that was apparently very good (on recommendation by Neil!).

After walking half way across Paris we eventually got to this tiny little Irish pub, with about 3 people in it! After walking all that way we decided this was it, we were starting on the vodka. Do not drink French Vodka - it is potent! Downstairs there was a little more space where a few french people had set up a little sing-a-long session which was quite quaint! After copious amounts of vodka, we exited the pub in the now pouring rain and proceeded to walk back through the other half of Paris to Chatelet where we could catch the bus home, we waited 20 mins for the bus and hopped on. About 5 stops later and after seeing the Arc de Triumph I realised we were going in the wrong direction!

We were so tired and cold by this stage that we decided to catch a taxi - it only cost us 20Euro - I don't know why we didn't do that in the first place! The next morning I headed straight to school with the worst hangover ever! Managed to fall asleep on the train and miss my stop at which point I decided to call it quits and go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment