Sunday, October 31, 2010

UK visit!

After what felt like the longest day at school ever, I finally left class to catch my plane to Bristol. There was maintenance being done on the RER B so had to change at Gare du Nord which was a nightmare. My ticket said the gate closed at 18.25, I got there at 18.20 and the little bitchy french easyjet person told me that the gate was closed, I showed her my ticket and she said 'No, it closed at 18.15'. Luckily I wasn't taking hand luggage so I could just walk through but it gave me a heart attack. Budget airlines suck! The flight to Bristol takes less than hour (shorter time than it takes for me to get the train to the airport). Got picked up in Bristol by Aunty Fe and was resting with my feet up in Kim & Matt's place within 2hrs of leaving Paris - it is so close!
After rising quite early, we were off to Bristol shopping for winter clothes & boots. Primark is my new favourite shop, everything is so cheap! The best thing I liked about the shopping centre was the toilets, they were so nice & clean and the didn't smell horrible. I could have quite easily moved in! I hate going to the toilets in Paris, they are few and far between and are normally disgusting, unhygienic cesspits - gross!
After a marathon shopping session and a really nice lunch in a tapas bar, it was back to Glastonbury to start the birthday celebrations for Kim! We went to the Wookie-Hole Inn, the food was really nice and the wine was flowing, such a nice dinner! Here's a photo of Jess's ice cream - yum!
After drinking copious amounts of wine, we decided to head into Wells for a few more drinks. We went to the King's Head first (photo below!) and left shorlty after, a random girl just came over to Kim and was like - what are you looking at, obviously wnating a fight -crazy crazy people!After King's head we went to Kudos - the local nightclub (it hasn't changed a bit since I was last there - still has the orange walls!). We stayed until it closed just to prove that we are still young enough to do that, crawled into bed at an ungodly hour and was awoken by the urgent call of the boys for breakfast. Went to a lovely farmhouse and had a proper english breakfast-pork sausage sandwhich - yum! After finishing breakfast at about 11am, we were off for roast lunch with the family.. soo much good food! Do we look hungover?

We managed to fit 12 people around the table, was a very brief catch up with the family as I had a plane to catch at 4pm but will be back for Xmas which will be nice!
I was quite sad to leave UK, I felt so comfortable and safe there. When I arrived in Paris, I was in a panic, kept checking that my phone & wallet were still in my bag, freaking out about catching the right train, such a weird feeling considering I was 'home'. It took forever to get home, just couldn't ever get connecting trains or buses - I landed at 6.30pm and got home at 9.30pm. Will have to do UK mmore often since you can get such cheap tickets and it is not very far away at all (once u get to the airport anyway!).

I apologise for the lack of photos but after nuit du styx, my camera was flat & while I packed my charger I didn't have an adaptor for UK...so no photos :(

No comments:

Post a Comment