Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nuit de Styx

Although I am not a big fan of techno music, I was persuaded to go to Nuit de Styx which is a massive dance party held at Ecole Polytechnique (a huge college in Massy). It only cost us 15Euro and we got 5 drink tickets and a free bus there and back so I couldn't stay at home! We starting drinking in my room, lots of red bull and vodka. Unfortunately I read the bus timetable wrong and we 'missed' the bus. Turns out it was late anyway but we ended up taking the train and walking what felt like miles to get there (up a bloody great big hill!) - I'm surprised we weren't sober by the time we got there. When got in, they gave us each a plastic glass to reuse during the night (makes a nice souvenir!). It was a great atmosphere, have a look at the promo video to get what I mean!
After finalling getting there at about 12.30pm, we danced and drank some weird concostion of red & white wine, whiskey & some sort of cordial -yuck but potent! There were 2 free buses home, one at 2am and the next one at 4.20am. Ofcourse we missed the 2am one since we had only been there a few hours! But by 3pm, I was so over techno music and we still had to wait for like and hour and a half for the bus. Went to stand out in the freezing cold waiting for our bus. Do I look drunk in this photo?
There were 1000's of people waiting to get onto a bus, absolutely crazy, everyone mobbing the buses as they arrived. We finally got on the right bus and was in bed at 5.30am (not bad for an old girl on a week night!). Was up again at 9am to go to an exam a 10pm! An afternoon of boring group work and then off to the UK - was such a long day!Yay, pretty lights...

1 comment:

  1. You cannot fathom how jealous I am after watching that video! I have always wanted to go to a Euro club like that!

    ReplyDelete