Friday, September 24, 2010

OFII office


I've had real dramas with getting my Visa de Long Sejour. Last month, I went for my appointment - they give you a time and you have to be there no matter what. It happened to fall on my first day of classes so managed to skip my first class. Had the medical exam, with a topless X-ray and lots of prodding and poking. Passed that and then went to get my visa approved, but I had moved departements (I did live in 94and now I live in 92) so they couldn't process it for some reason. I don't understand how Immigration can be the responsibility of a department and not a national system.
I went to my second apppointment in departement 92 which took 45minutes to get to on the bus (over public transport). I was there for 5 minutes while they stuck a sticker in my passport and guess what it has my old address on it anyway and is the exact same sticker they were going to stick in my passport at the first appointment before they realised I had moved and were 'unable' to do it. ARGGG, what a waste of time!

1 comment:

  1. Nikki,sorry to say, its the same with immigration departments all over the world..its their job to make it as difficult as possible to ensure that you really do want the visa ! How many times did we visit the Aus embassy in Zim and New Zealand ?! xox

    ReplyDelete