Thursday, July 15, 2010

Those Summer Nights...


I love summer nights here! You can do soo much! Last Thursday night, our language school had organised une fete ( a party) on the lawns of the Cite U. The Cite U is a residential campus that houses international students from all over the world, the lawns outside the cafeteria are always throbbing with people in the evening - a great place to meet people. I went home at about 12.30 - we had to climb the fence to get out as we got locked in! Some of the others went to a 'boat party' which has free entry to international students on a Thursday night (one week I will go!). Here are a few photos...


I am dying for a cold bottle of wine, but with no fridge its pretty hard! And yes I am opening my bottle of wine with a key, I've since bought a corkscrew!




On Friday night, we had the Movie in the park which I have already told you about, all day Saturday in Versailles. Then Saturday night, the four of us (the usual four!) went into Paris for dinner and partying! We went into St Germain for dinner, and found an Italian restaurant that had a set menu for 9Euro which included an entree, main and dessert. Was pretty good! We then went off to a place that we had been told had a live band everynight - it was about 10 or 11pm when we arrived and the band had already finished, so off we went to another hot spot but since it was after 12pm when we arrived there was a cover charge of 10 Euro and being cheap students we refused. I'm not sure where the time went but when we went to catch the train back home the metro was closed! It closes at about 1.30am we think....Luckily we were in a place where we could catch the Noctelien (sp), a bus that basically follows the train routes, although we had no idea where it went and only a vague idea of where we needed to get off! Luckily it all worked out and it was a good thing to do with a group rather than to try on your own! We only got home at about 2am... on Sunday morning.

Sunday was a lazy day at home, doing laundry, catching up on sleep etc! Then off to watch the final of the world cup at the Fifa Fan fest near the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunatley we were very late and ended up sitting on the grass to the side of the screen and could only catch glimpes through the trees - the atmosphere was amazing! I seem to have lost the photos I took though so you'll have to do with second hand ones...




Now I am sure my mother is freaking out about me being in a public place with so many people - the ideal spot for a terrorist attack she would say! I left early as I'm not really into soccer and it was a pretty boring game when all you could see was the corner of a screen every now and then! The Russian girls had the same idea, so we left and went for a walk along the Champs de Mars and then home. I heard through the grapevine that at the end of the game, there were a few disruptions with police needing to fire rubber bullets into the crowd...seems to happen a lot here!

No comments:

Post a Comment