Tuesday, July 20, 2010

EuroDisney!


So I was going to try go to Nice or Cannes last weekend but as I haven't organised a railpass or discount card it was going to cost me a fortune to get there so I had the perfect excuse to splurge and go to EuroDisney for the day! It was an early start to beat the queues to buy tickets and yet another queue to get in! The park opened its doors at 9.30am but the rides etc. only opened for minions like me at 10am! I went with Borja (a spanish guy) who I really struggle to understand in english or french! We decided since we would only be here once we should splurge and get tickets to the 2 parks (DisneyLand and Walt Disney Studios). I'm so glad we did, they were entirely different experiences. Disneyland is amazing, like stepping into a cartoon and the detail is absolutely amazing - I can't help think what a waste of money when there are starving children in the world! We went on most of the 'big people' rides in Disneyland, although we skipped a few which had queues over 30 mins (some were upt to 65min wait - crazy!). I loved 'It's a small world' with all the little dolls dressed up each country's traditional dress and landmarks around them - although there was NO Australia! Africa was well represented though! Still can't get the silly song out of my head and its been 4 days! Ofcourse we watched the parade with all the characters although we were knackered and didn't stay for the fireworks (after Bastille Day I'm pretty sure all fireworks will fail to impress me!). A few photos....










I apologise for the crappy photos but I forgot to charge my camera so only had my iPhone! I didn't have a very good day with being organised. To get to the other park, you needed to keep your tickt but somehow I lost mine! But I stil had the receipt and they said when I get to the gate just show them and they will sort it out, alas I got to the gate and had lost my receipt as well - silly Nikki! But I managed to use Borja's receipt and got a replacement ticket after signing a million forms!
Walt Disney Studios was entirely different to DisneyLand, more like movieworld. We watched a few 'features', a stunt car demonstration, animagique (a little theatre show with heaps of classic characters from Disney movies!) and cinemagique (a story using real people and screen work, really hard to explain but was brilliant!). We also went to see "Stitch Live" en Fracais to do our 'french' for the day. It was really good and funny and I could half understand admittedly it was aimed at kids! There were a few good rides and we went on a few of the roller coasters twice (the new ToyStory land wasn't open yet but it looked like fun!). There were a few pretty boring things but in general definately worth getting the 2 park pass. Here are some more photos...



I got home absolutely buggered but was a great day and reminded me so much of my childhood and how much Disney was a part of it (PeterPan, Dumbo, Aice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book, Lion King... so so many!).

1 comment:

  1. ARG i want to go... so i'm coming to visit next year and we are going again i do not care if you've been! and then im going to save my pennies and go to america lol! miss you hope your having fun while i grow cells *sigh* xoxo

    ReplyDelete