Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mmm cherries!


I'm eating sitting here eating a giant punnet of cherries for dinner, they were only 1Euro and are delicious! Everything in France at the moment is really fragrant, when I walk to the train in the morning the smells are amazing, I walk past the boulangerie (with its bready goodness!) and a fruit shop. On Wednesdays and Saturdays (I think) they have markets close to the station, the smell of off-fish in the afternoon isn't that great though!


Yesterday afternoone we had Fracaise orale et phonetique, it was pretty similiar to the session in the morning with the introductions AGAIN, but then we listened to this French song to practice our pronounciation, it's hilarious you need to watch it!


After class I was on a mission to orgnise my life, brave the rude receptionist at the college to ask for a card to do laundry and go and buy another sheet. I went looking for a sheet first with no luck even after walking past all the shops in Cachan. I found the most amazing shop though, its called Picards and all it sells is frozen goods .. it seemed really popular as well! No luck with the getting a laundry key either, so ended up just airing my jeans (how very european of me!) and washing everything in my hand basin, my room looked like a chinese laundry (which I wish I could find!).

During lunch today, (we get 1 and 3/4 hours for lunch - yay!) we went into Sceaux to buy some lunch before heading to the Parc de Sceuax. The Parc de Sceaux was designed by the same guy that designed the gardens of Versailles and although I have never been to Versailles (going this weekend) I think it will be a lot better and without the tourists. We only discovered a small portion of it but I will definately be back. When I move to the other residence, I will need to walk through the park everyday to get to uni which is going to be lovely I think! Here are a few photos...






I'm not doing very well with the roads here, I always look right, instead of left when crossing the road and get such a fright when I eventually look left and find a car or a scooter right next to me - need to start thinking LEFT before I get run over!

Hope you are all enjoying my blog, its the easiest way to keep everyone updated with what I am doing without having to repeat myself a million times :) One of the other benefits is keeping up my english, I am already finding myself using english words and french sentence structure especially with propositions so not sure how I will be after a year!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Arg, just re-read my post, so many mistakes. Need to write in word first me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki I may be a bit bias but we are loving it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. just write in your native shona if you have to.

    love matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cousin Fiona, you may be biased but we are also loving the daily doses from 'Nikki-World'!! Keep it up, Nikki. However, for Pete's sake (and everyone else in your class too), PLEASE find a laundry soon! Alec

    ReplyDelete